Sunday, August 19, 2012

Reading Judy Collins' autobiography or trying to. Did you know Suite Judy Blue Eyes was written about her, by Stephen Stills. They were in love but their careers got in the way. I always feel like I am the last to know. Mr. Butler just recently wrote about a line from Suite Judy Blue Eyes, "don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

I've been wanting to get that online now for quite a while.

Judy was born and grew up in Colorado. She has some interesting asides like the fact that Joni Mitchell smoked like a chimney, but I find it really difficult in her youth where she speaks of Colorado beginning in folk music and so forth. Her father was blind you know but did a good job of covering that fact up. So interesting. Covering up blindness.

I got it in the library. It is a 2011 publication. Hopeing to get more reading done soon.

No comments: