Friday, August 16, 2013

Mental Stewing

I am always in such a stew about my own life I have a hard time concentrating on other things. Whether it be the Psychological Statistics class I am in or the true sound of Shri Guru Gita the old this one and that one and he said and she said comes up. The Wizard of Oz, the scarecrow, why? I decided to imagine my image as a rooster this morning. Do you have the experience of other folks inside you managing your looks and your attitudes? Why not just go with a big old white chicken like that cartoon rooster we used to watch. I had an uncle just like him. But it's helpful. The vanity is not good for us. I think though I started out with a peacock this morning or was it a partridge? Big thing on the top of the head. May have been a slow road runner. Now I am thinking of the silly looking swamis with the turbans, like Vivekananda.  Vanity. Anyone who looks good has leverage over you.

No comments: