Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wig

My friend whom I knew in community college and later has become a musician, writer and publisher. He was a fun man who met one of the musicians that had made my acquaintance as a student in those days. We became friends, smoked a lot of dope, drank a lot of Scots Whiskey and went places, primarily to his parental home in Melbourne, Florida. His name is Wig Nelson and he can be found in two places on the web so far, his own website, at Soundclick and apparently at another place on Soundclick. I just love links.
Listening to his album last night I was impressed by a song called A Feeling of Power. As a follower of Siddha Yoga this is a song that has meaning to me as we speak of powers accrued from the practice of Siddha Yoga. This song is about a musician who doesn't power up with electricity. Oddly, I was thinking of days when my friends who were in the long forgotten back to nature movement were speaking of living without electricity. No AC, not TV and more importantly for some of them, I guess, no radio.
Please, have a listen to my friends Wig's music. There is a lot up there for free.

No comments: